Friday, May 2, 2014

Five Things Friday

A quick list of random things, in no particular order:

Fact #1: Fabric glue needs time to cure.
I know this now from experience: don't attempt to glue Cub Scout patches on your son's shirt a half-hour before his meeting and expect them not to slide off like greased banana peels just in time for uniform inspections.

Fact #2: The traditional publishing world experienced another earthquake today.
Harlequin just got bought by Harper Collins. Probably doesn't mean anything to you if you don't write romance, or say, don't have a book in progress that you'd planned on finishing this month and submitting to them. But if you do? Whoa.

Credit: weknowmemes.com
Fact #3: Jaxon and Cora just met... and it's not love at first sight.
Book #3 is in progress. Book #2 will probably languish in a drawer until I can motivate myself to either fix it or rewrite it, but in the meantime, I'm planning to finish Cora and Jaxon's story this month, during my MMRWA chapter's MarNoWriMo. What I do with this book remains to be seen. (See Fact #2.)

Fact #4: Today is a potato-bacon-cheesy-corn chowder day. 
It's a cold and drizzly 52-degree fall spring day and I've been thinking about dinner since lunchtime. Send me an email if you'd like the recipe. 

Fact #5: Save your lingerie in case you get famous someday.
Someone paid $14,000 for the bra Marilyn Monroe wore in the movie Some Like it Hot. You just never know.

That's all. Have a great weekend! [ 

No comments:

Post a Comment